So beanage is a new word that I use to call this new vegetarian sausage I mad from beans. It is not only delicious but it’s a great way to play with this popular Zimbabwean delicacy. A pack of beans costs around $50 RTGS which is a bit affordable considering the high price of meat (must be hard being an omnivore huh?). So here is how I make beanage.
You will definitely need:
- A masher
- two bowls
- a knife
- a chopping board
- Your favorite beans (I used sugar beans)
- Favorite vegetables – carrots, onions, green pepper etc.
- herbs and spices
- 1 or 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of flour
How it’s made:
- Firstly boil the beans until they are super soft and mash them into a thick paste and add the herbs and spices.
- In a pan, heat the oil and fry the vegetables and tomatoes to make that nice Zimbabwean soup we all love,
- Add the bean paste to the soup and when it’s properly cooked, put aside to cool.
- Add flour slowly until you have a thick dough
- Heat oil for deep frying
- Beat the two eggs in a small bowl.
- Shape the dough like a sausage , dip it in the egg and add to the frying pan. Repeat.
And that is how you make beanage. If you do try the recipe be sure to tag me on IG @passionvictimblog or let me know in the comment section.