“Laughter is the language of the soul”
– Pablo Neruda
Happiness has been defined wrongly so many times. It’s been called so many things and if you find yourself trying to make sense of all the definitions out there then you will be wasting your precious time. I’m not even going to try and define it. Happiness to me is an abstract term. It can mean so much and mean so little at the same time. I used to think happiness was a trunk full of junk food, 7 years down the line happiness is following a strict non meat and no processed food diet. Being happy does not mean smiling like an idiot 24/7. It means doing what makes your heart skip a beat, what gives you butterflies in your stomach and makes you feel at peace. Happiness is what brings you that amazing feeling that you’re chasing all day everyday to feel complete and it can be anything. The same things don’t bring us joy. You probably like lots of extra toppings on your ice cream whilst 3 scoops of plain Devonshire will send me to my happy place.
One of my 2020 resolutions is:
To Be Happy
And I’ve decided to work on the following things to stay that way.
- Accept what I can and cannot change.
- Let people do what makes them happy. This is because so many times I’ve tried to let people fit into certain criteria’s that make them the perfect friends and it resulted in me being so frustrated.
- Find love. Last year I had to look at myself in the mirror and tell myself that I am not a widow. So watch the space darling *sips tea*.
- My blog, my rules. I’ve forced myself to be the best by trying to follow the influencers and guess what? I lost it all. So I’m gonna do me.
- Spoil myself. I make money and spend it on other things except myself so I guess it’s time to change that.
- Spread love. Not only through my Foundation but straight from my heart. I just want to love and be loved.
- Mute toxic people.
- Maybe travel. I am going to do this alone or with a squad so if you have any trips planned and you have space for one more, count me in.
- Learn. Knowledge makes me so happy. I love knowing things and how they became that way. It helps me grow.
- Feel every moment for as long as it lasts
What are your plans on staying happy this year? Sorry for being abstract but I hope you do get a few pointers.
Chase happiness. Always.